Lifeskills Residential Treatment and Extended Care Program
Helping Families Since 1991
Lifeskills Residential Treatment and Extended Care Program offers hope, healing and a healthy lifestyle for all its residents. Whether you’re a referring mental health professional or you’re interested in Lifeskills for yourself or a family member, you’ll soon discover why our facility has been named a “Center for Clinical Excellence” for adults and their families.
Lifeskills South Florida is located in beautiful Deerfield Beach and provides a secure and nurturing atmosphere for balanced recovery and healing. This home-like setting allows residents to adapt their new coping skills to daily routines while participating in the therapeutic process. The goal of Lifeskills is to help residents successfully transition back into their homes, family lives and careers with newfound self-esteem, direction, and control.
Our non-institutional, residential treatment facility allows residents to have access to the local community during their recovery. We provide a realistic, home-life setting so that clients can adapt their new coping skills within the local community. Residential clients live in fully furnished townhomes that are staffed 24 hours a day by our team of behavioral health technicians.
Lifeskills South Florida provides a complete and comprehensive therapeutic clinical track that focuses on long-term recovery for the individual and the family.
We offer the following benefits to our clients:
- Individualized treatment plans
- Treatment for psychiatric, co-occurring and addictive disorders – for clients who have co-occurring disorders (often referred to as dual diagnosis) and need a therapeutic and compassionate environment, as well as a safe haven for change
- Individual and group therapy
- Core Psychotherapy and Relapse Prevention Program – a complete and comprehensive clinical track that incorporates traditional, integrative and expressive therapies
- Up-to-date therapeutic tools, strategies and interventions
- Coordination of care
Each resident is also expected to work toward these treatment goals:
- self-monitoring skills
- a balanced home and work life
- a social support network within the community
Patients who need long-term treatment will engage in the residential program and will receive individualized treatment planning and ongoing support from both the therapeutic community and Lifeskills’ highly skilled clinical staff. The core program includes the following services:
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Psychiatric Assessment and Ongoing Consultation
- Nursing Assessment
- Nutritional Assessment with Registered Dietician
- Assignment to a Primary Therapist and Individual Psychotherapy Sessions
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational and Twelve-step Facilitation
- Dialectical and Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Expressive and Experiential Therapy (Art, Music)
- Integrative Therapies (Yoga)
- Psycho-Dynamic and Psycho-Educational Group Therapy
- Specialized Treatment & Education:
- Anger Management and Domestic Violence Education
- Assertiveness Training for Anxiety and Panic Disorder Prevention
- Body and Self groups with Focus on Body Image
- Relapse Prevention Groups
- Symptom Management Groups
- Exposure and Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Fitness and Leisure Activities
- 24/7 Monitoring Conducted by Mental Health Technician Staff in the Residences
- Ongoing Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Participation in Appropriate Self-help Support Groups
- Volunteer Service or Employment in the Community
- Vocational or On-going Educational Assistance
- Spiritual Support
- Program Workbook and Other Materials
- Discharge Planning and Intensive Case Management
- Alumni/Aftercare Groups
Along with traditional therapeutic interventions, residents can participate in the following fitness and healthy lifestyle activities:
- Yoga – Creating balance in the mind, body, and spirit is the essence of yoga. Yoga incorporates a series of stretching and body positions to enhance flexibility, strengthen the body, promote fitness and aid in weight loss. Yoga also promotes an overall sense of emotional well-being.
- Meditation/Relaxation – The word “meditation” is derived from two Latin words which mean “to think” and “to heal.” The purpose of meditation is to become aware of one’s breathing, attain inner peace and to relieve stress.
- Fitness Activities – Lifeskills offers a variety of enjoyable physical activities designed to relieve stress and enhance overall physical well-being. Residents have access to the swimming pool, courts, and fitness center.
Lifeskills Residential Treatment and Extended Care Program does not center solely on the symptoms of diagnoses and addiction. We focus on all aspects of physical, emotional and spiritual recovery.
The first step to your recovery is just a phone call away.
It’s here for you.
Lifeskills South Florida Residential Treatment and Extended Care Program
Lifeskills is here for you….
When you are struggling to find the strength to overcome your challenges.
When someone you love is suffering, and you are seeking non-judgmental comprehensive care.
When you are in the healing process and you want a safe haven during your transition.