What to Bring
Suggested Items to Bring to Lifeskills South Florida
- Seasonally appropriate casual wear (no more than 10-12 outfits)
- Outdoor wear (plan according to seasonal changes)
- Under garments, sleepwear and robe, socks/hose
- Casual shoes/dress shoes/tennis shoes (limit pairs)
- Workout Wear (non-revealing and loose fitting)
- Conservative one piece bathing suit
- Appropriate interview/ work/ worship attire
- 2-3 pairs of dress slacks
- Dress shirts/neck ties
- 2-3 skirts or dresses
Note: Please limit luggage to 2 standard size suitcases.
- Non-alcohol based mouthwash
- Hair dryer/curling iron
- Shampoo/cream rinse
- Shaving cream /razors (to be stored in tech office)
Towels and Bed Linens:
You may bring your own, but the following will be provided to you:
- 1 full size sheet sets (including pillow case)
- 2 bath towels/2 hand towels/2 washcloths
- 1 Beach towel
(Items not returned at discharge will be charged against the security deposit.)
- ONLY 3 days of prescribed medication is needed
(Ask Pharmacist to supply a PARTIAL FILL on prescriptions)
Please do not ask for a complete fill, as it could cause problems in filling prescriptions on admission (your insurance company might deny payment).
- Large purses/bags will not be allowed. Please use wristlets instead.
- Credit Cards and Checkbooks will be placed in the safe for use as needed
- Cash will be deposited in the patient’s trust account
- Requests for allowance amounts over $100 must be sent via gift card.
- Musical instruments
- Family pictures
- Reading Material
- Kindles/Nooks are ok (if they do not have 3G, which can tap into all Wi-Fi) and simple readers are ok.
- IPod(nothing with Wi-Fi capability) /personal cd player with headphones
Items to Leave at Home
- Cell Phones
- Play Station, Nintendo, Xbox
- Handheld video games
- Pornographic materials including magazines, tapes, videos, etc.
- Any media or other material promoting violence, sex, offensive language, or alcohol/other drug use.
- Excessive luggage or clothing (2 standard sized suitcase maximum)
- Hair dyes/bleaches
- Playing Cards
- Chewing Tobacco
- Any drug/alcohol paraphernalia
- Jeans with holes
- Midriff tops
- Tank tops/spaghetti strap tops
- Short shorts and skirts (all must be fingertip length when standing)
- Tight fitting clothes
- Alcohol/drug/occult or slogan t-shirts (recovery oriented okay)
- Excessively high heels
Any alcohol based item including:
- Cough syrups
- Hair gels/hairsprays
- Over the counter medicines including aspirin, cold remedies, nasal sprays, non- prescription allergy medicines, herbal supplements, vitamins, weight control items, diuretic pills, appetite suppressants, laxatives.
- Cell phones are not permitted at Lifeskills. Clients are encouraged to write down important contact names and phone numbers from cell phones prior to arrival.
***Disallowed Items Will Be Sent Home At The Patient’s Expense***