Lifeskills South Florida offers comprehensive outpatient treatment services for adults with substance abuse and/or co-occurring psychiatric disorders. Treatment plans are individualized allowing clients to modify their level of participation within the various group sessions offered. Outpatient clinical services are offered at our Delray Beach, FL outpatient office location.
Outpatient Treatment Offers:
- Accountability, stability and structure
- A step down from a higher level of care
- Flexible hours that meet the needs of adults with demanding schedules
Program Components Include:
- Assessment, intake and/or referral
- Individualized treatment plan
- Clinical consultation
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Drug and alcohol screening
- Coordination of care and case management
- Self awareness
- Self monitoring skills
- Self reliance
- Create balance in home and work life
- Develop a social support network within the recovering community
- Life Management – Explore current challenges, share experiences, discuss solution based coping strategies. Develop cognitive skills and apply 12-Step principles to recovery.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) -Focus on developing skills to regulate emotions and mood based on four modules:
- Core Mindfulness
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Emotion Regulation
- Distress Tolerance
- DBT is considered to be the most effective clinical method to treat Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Body and Self – Designed with each individual client in mind, addresses underlying causes of eating disorders and body image issues. Clients are guided in developing coping skills and using creativity to deal with a complex set of issues that affect their daily lives.
- Trauma – Discuss family issues, definitions of abuse, defense mechanisms and the role of shame and its relation to substance use/abuse, eating disorders and body image issues.
- Gender Specific Groups – Clients are engaged in therapeutic groups with same sex peers to discuss gender-specific issues that are affecting them in early recovery and/or in their daily lives. These groups empower clients to develop effective communication skills in a more private setting
The Outpatient Treatment team is comprised of Master and Doctoral level licensed professionals.